Preliminary Rounds: Detailed Explanation
How to start games
- Once connected to Pandanet, enter the designated room. (Ex：「SA_IWAG／Main」）Games which are played in the wrong room will not count.
- The games played in the tournament rooms will have automatic settings. It will always be even games with Black giving 6.5 komi. Colors are determined by the system automatically. Even if your opponent suggests another setting, do not accept it since it will be overruled by Pandanet anyway.
- Participants will play with the rating as of July 24, 6 a.m. Japan time (UTC+9). Your Pandanet rating is not affected by the games.
- There are players from other regional groups in your room. Games with players from other regional groups are also counted. Selection into the Final Rounds is based on ranking comparison, which is decided within each of the three regional groups (Asia & Oceania, Europe & Africa, North and South America).
When a game is interrupted
- When a game is interrupted due to a broken network connection from one side or the other, the side breaking the connection must immediately reconnect and resume the game. When the connection is broken by your opponent, please wait 5 minutes for him or her to reconnect. If the opponent does not reconnect within 5 minutes, then the game is a win for the other player, regardless of the reason.
- If both players are disconnected, the game is stored. The stored game will be 'No game' if it does not restart within the period of the Preliminary Rounds.
- In case you lose connection more than three times in a game you automatically lose the game. If your "Ending points" becomes zero or below, you will automatically lose by one-time disconnection.
[ More details… ]
- During the tournament there will be a tournament result page on the Net Social Plaza Page. This page will be automatically updated hourly. Participants don't need to report the results to the organizer.