Special cooperation: Kansai Kiin
＜Classes＞There are three categories. One is the Main Class and the others are Ranked Classes.
・Main Class (You can participate in the Main Class regardless of your Go strength.)
・ A Class (2k – 2d)
・ B Class (3k –)
If a question mark appears next to the rank, it means the rank has not been officially confirmed by Pandanet.
*Players who have not had their rank confirmed by the due date will au tomatically be entered in the preliminary for the Main Class.
*All games in the Main Class will be played on even, so a ranking is not necessary.
*If you are 3d or above, your class will automatically be Main Class.
*Classes will be decided based on players' ranks as of 6 a.m., May 22.
|Time allowance||The time allowance is 1 minute per side, with overtime of 25 moves every 15 minutes|
Participants play freely at least six games in their Class room during the Preliminary Rounds. (Participants are not allowed to play the same person twice.)|
The ranking is determined by points in descending order.
The top eight players from each class proceed to the Final Rounds.
1. Points = W / N + W * 0.02
(W = number of wins, N = number of games played.)
2. With tied points, the player with the higher number of wins is ranked higher.
3. With tied points and wins, the player with the higher SOS (sum of opponents' scores) is ranked higher.
4. With tied points, wins and SOS, the players are ranked equal.
Click here for details
|Final Rounds||In the Final Rounds, single eliminations are played until a champion is determined.|
The organizer conducts the drawing of lots to decide pairings.
Click here for details
On the tournament day, games will be played within the specified time at the time agreed to by both players and will be conducted in the specified room. Regarding the dates and times for Final Round games, please contact your opponents directly on the 'Net social plaza' page. In principle, please use Japan Standard Time (JST) when deciding the dates and times. *NOTE: JST=GMT+9.
|Main Class||All games are played on even, with Black giving a komi of 6.5 point.|
color: Colors are determined by the system automatically
|A - B Class||
*With a difference of 5.5 ranks or more,
＜Schedule＞Apr 17 (Mon) - May 14 (Sun) Registration
May 27(Sat) - June 11(Sun) Preliminary Rounds
June 26 (Mon) - July 16(Sun) Final Rounds
|Main Class (Tue)||A - B Class|
|June 16 (Fri)||Playing pairings will be update on the Pandanet web site|
|June 26 (Mon)- July 2 (Sun)||quarterfinals||-|
|July 3 (Mon)- July 9 (Sun)||semifinals|
|July 10 (Mon)- July 16 (Sun)||finals|
＜Requirements for Participation＞
- Participant must be an amateur Go player.
- Participant must be able to communicate by email in English.
- Players in the BC (beginner class) are not allowed to participate.
- All games are to be played on Pandanet.
- All games must be exclusively played on the Pandanet server. Please use Pandanet's official client, GoPanda2 or Panda-Tetsuki. (Panda-Tetsuki is for iOS and android.)
- Please play in the official Pandanet tournament room.
- Please play games by yourself. Taking advice from a third person, or playing by a third person, is against the rules.
- In principle, your games should be played from your home. Please let the organizer know in advance in case you want to play at location other than your home, such as a Go club where many people gather. The organizer may check the origin of your Internet connection.
- If you lower your rank intentionally by losing games before the tournament, you will not be allowed to participate.
- Please exchange greetings when starting and finishing your games. Insulting comments are strictly prohibited. If you are treated impolitely, please let the organizers know.
- Please resign the game if you think there is no hope of winning, instead of dragging out the game.
- Likewise, please don't tell your opponent to resign, even if your opponent is clearly losing. However, please let the organizers know if your opponent keeps playing useless moves and does not finish the game.
- If the organizers finds out that you have violated the rules, you may be disqualified, even if the game result has been confirmed.
＜Participation Fee＞Free of charge
|Winner||1. Right to play a game with Hirofumi Ohashi 6-dan (13x13 Net game)
2. JPY 20,000
|3rd4th||Prizes equivalent to 5,000 yen in value|
|5th - 8th||Prizes equivalent to 3,000 yen in value|
Ａ - Ｂ Class
|Runner-up||Prizes equivalent to 5,000 yen in value|
|3rd - 4th||Prizes equivalent to 3,000 yen in value|
|Lottery prize||Prizes equivalent to 1,000 yen in value (10 people)|